The new dedicated guided transport system for the city of Verona includes a 24.6 km trolleybus network (4 lines), partly electrified and partly run by self-propelled vehicles, with an automatic approach to the stop.
The project aims to ensure a modern, efficient and environmentally friendly transport network capable of responding to the mobility needs of the urbanized area and provide an alternative solution to car traffic.
In this context, Colas Rail Italia, the lead member of a joint venture, is responsible for the design, supply, installation of:
- 17 km self-compensated OCL for trolleybus
- 11 sub-stations
- SCADA and Remote Control System
- Telecommunication, trafficlights, centralized trafficlights control for 50 crossraods and related Control Center, passenger information at station, SOS pillars, TVCC and Wi-Fi.
The architecture of the electrified transport system for the Verona trolleybus provides some crucial benefits in terms of sustainability:
- Minimal noise impact substations
- Supercapacitor on board the vehicle
- Vehicles with low noise and CO2 emissions (Euro 6 engine)
Upgrade of the HS/HC Turin – Milan line for speed up to 360 km/hwp_c0l452020-09-21T17:40:25+02:00
Direttissima Florence – Rome technology upgradeRachele Moroni2021-01-12T14:45:40+01:00